Friday, September 18, 2009

Calendars for a cause

Have heard the news? The A Muse calendars have been released! This year proceeds from the sale of these calendars will go to benefit Water 1st. Water 1st's mission is to serve families in the poorest communities in the world as they implement community-managed projects that integrate water supply, sanitation, and health education. Please visit the A Muse blog for more information about this awesome project!

The calendars are a download and come in 4 different sizes. The great thing is that you can print them as many times as you need to! I have some great projects and gifts in mind but for now I used the new full size version to make a reading chart for my son. He's what some call a "reluctant reader". He can read but he doesn't really enjoy it and he often starts books and doesn't finish them. We are choosing a stamp to represent each book he reads and stamping each day that he reads to me for 30 minutes. He started out the school year with a Star Wars book so we used the Tiny Star stamp. Now he's reading "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh" so we are using Humphrey the Rat. I stamped "reading" at the top using the Barney Clear Alphabet set which is such a fun font. I really hope this helps to keep his interest and enables him to see his success. I LOVE to read and I really want him to also!

I apologize for the poor photo. I had a heck of a time trying to get a good picture and my main desktop computer is down which is where my good photo editing software lives. After much frustration I decided you'd get the idea though the photo wasn't that great.

I've updated my class schedule. My Fall classes are listed in my side bar to the right. Please call or visit the A Muse shop to register. You can also register online and while you're at it, donate to a great cause and download some fun calendars!


3 comments:

cheiron said...

This is such a great idea Joyce! I hope you get to fill up that calendar.

Atticelf said...

What a terrific idea! I, too, have a reluctant reader. I'm thinking scraplift is in order... ;)

Debbie said...

I love this idea, Joyce! I may have to do this for my son. Thanks so much for the inspiration!